Effective Date: January 26, 2018
We at Orbex Logistics, Inc., along with our subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “ORBEX”), respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect about consumers, how we may use the information and with whom we may share it. The notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information. In addition, we tell you how you can ask us to (i) access or change the personal information we maintain about you, (ii) withdraw consent you previously provided to us, (iii) refrain from sending you certain communications, and (iv) answer questions you may have about our privacy practices. This Notice does not apply to any subsidiary or affiliate of Orbex Logistics, Inc. that maintains its own privacy notice.
Information we obtain
We may obtain consumer personal information (such as name, contact details and payment information) in connection with various activities such as (i) use of the ORBEX websites and applications, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and pickup of shipments, (iii) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (iv) events in which we participate, and (v) promotions and other offers.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address, and telephone or fax number)
- Shipping information (such as shipping-related contact details like the shipper’s, and consignee’s name, physical address, email address and telephone number, signature for proof of delivery, account number, and information given to us that helps us access locations to which we provide service) and information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information
- Information provided in response to surveys
- Username, password and other credentials used to access ORBEX services
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages or elsewhere on the Internet (such as other public locations), and information (such as email address and other information you allow to be shared) we obtain through ORBEX-related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins
- The geographic location of your mobile device if you use certain features of our apps
- Payment and financial information
- Tax identification number in circumstances in which you request services for which this information is required, or in connection with certain promotions
- Other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain a ORBEX service
When we pick up or deliver a shipment or provide other services, we may obtain physical location data. This includes, for example, data identifying the actual location of a physical address using information such as GPS data, geocodes, latitude and longitude information, and images of the various locations. In addition, when you visit our websites, use our apps, or interact with related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. We also may use third-party analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites or apps. The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our websites and apps, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
We may use your personal information to:
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments
- Provide the logistic services you request such as: (i) dedicated, consolidated, urgent and special shipments; air, sea and land freight, (ii) national and international transportation, (iii) supply chain management, customs clearance and intermediation services, (iv) financial services; among others
- Process and collect payments
- Create and manage: directories, database, order picking, as well as customer and supplier registration forms
- Know the profile of the beneficiaries of our services
- Make studies to determine the satisfaction of our customers
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Establish and manage your online account on orbexlogistics.net and its various features
- We may offer you products and services we believe may interest you
- Communicate about and administer your participation in special events, programs, surveys, contests, and other offers or promotions
- Enable you to post on our blogs and interact with us through social media
- Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so
- Process claims we receive in connection with our services
- Manage, evaluate and improve our services and business’s operations (including developing new services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services, websites, and apps; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities)
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer search, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
Information we share
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. To perform our pick-up and delivery services, we share shipping information with third parties such as shippers, consignees, third party payors, carriers and/or recipients. We also share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may share the personal information we obtain with our affiliates, franchisees, resellers and/or joint marketing partners. These entities, which collectively are referred to here as the “ORBEX Business Partners”, may use the information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We may share your physical location data with our ORBEX Business Partners and other third parties to, for example, enhance location-based services and develop accurate and up-to-date maps. We may not share other personal information with third parties who are not ORBEX Business Partners.
We may not share your personal data or another personal information with third parties who are not ORBEX Business Partners.
Information collected through third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (such as information obtained through third-party login services or relating to your use of a Facebook “Like” button) is collected directly by the providers of these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the features, and ORBEX is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
We also may disclose information about you if: (i) we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, selecting the Email Unsubscribe link below, or any other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “How to contact us” section below, and we will honor your request. As required by law, you may object at any time on legitimate grounds and free of charge to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below.
Access and correction
Subject to applicable law, (i) you may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information through your ORBEX account on orbexlogistics.net or (ii) you may have the right to obtain access to personal information we maintain about you by contacting us as indicated in the “How to contact us” section of this Privacy Notice. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
How we protect personal information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Although we take steps to limit access to our facilities and vehicles to authorized individuals, information that is located on the outside of a package or letter may be visible to others.
Updates to our privacy notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at customerservice @orbexlogistics.net. You also may write to us at:
Orbex Logistics, Inc.
Attention: Global Privacy Manager
10025 Siempre Viva Rd. Suite D
San Diego, CA 92154